Колесникова Катя- was the first person I tried to make
friends with in Krasnoyarsk. She was the shortest person in my class, and has
dark blonde hair. We were sort of friends. When we were walking in our line at
the orientation on the 1st of September, we were in a pair and I
asked her what her name was, and told her mine. I met her before I met Nastya.
She seems to be the only girl in a blouse and skirt in the photos. She is in
the third photo on the right of the boy holding the giant eraser.
Командина Настя – Nastya. There
were actually two Nastya in my class. I wasn’t friends with this one. She is
the girl sitting on he ledge next to the calculator in the third photo. She
was a very bold person, not at all quiet, but not me. Just confident. Pretty
serious as well, if I remember correctly.
Леонова Алиса – Aleessa- which means Alice- actually moved
later on, I think at the end of year two. We were actually friends, but it was
one of those strange friendships that kind of goes wrong because your friends
is pretty bossy and really sensitively wants to hang out/play with you. Somehow though we got to go to her house, and payed together. Her mum made
capsicums with meat inside of them. I didn’t like them, but Mum thought they
were very creative and tasted good. I didn’t like them back then. To be honest, I’m still not much of a fan of capsicum. Unless if its cooked. Then I can
handle it alright. I felt offended one time because she said that I was drawing
wrong, that this was the way you need to draw, hoe she did, as if her
picture was superior. Turns out, there is more than one way to draw. Both of or
ways worked fine. Alice was also pretty cheeky, with a game she wanted to play
that she thought was funny, but I didn’t. I told Mum and she was shocked. I
ignored Alice. After year 2, her and her family moved to Sochi. Lots of people
in Krasnoyarsk wanted to go to Sochi because it is bigger and rarely snows.
Paradise in their minds.
Рабчевская Марина. – Marina was an interesting girl. She was
very smart, very serious. I have one of those odd memories that there is nothing
very important about and you don't know why you remember that random moment in
particular, but you’re glad that you have it because it hows a bit more about what
your life was like. It was of my first day, at the orientation. I think at this
point Mum was fixing my hair and I was looking around. And then I saw Marina.
She had a gain t bow in her hair- mind you, all the bows were big, but this one
was huge. I suppose what might have brought her to my attention was her thick
blonde fringe. She is the the middle on the bottom row of the third photo,
holding a pale pink rose. Later o I felt troubled be what she had said when we
were older, that she thought that Christianity was nonsense and not worth wasting
your time on, that’s what she thought. I hadn’t heard this much because lots of
people in Russia are nominally Orthodox. Now it doesn’t trouble me, because I know
that just because someone says something doesn’t mean that it is true.
Comments
Post a Comment