Алексей – Aleksey- which is Alex, is the boy the third from the left in the back row. He was quite tall. (Obviously, they put him in the back row). I don’t know much about him but that I tended to stay away from him because he used to pick his nose. Which isn’t very fair on him because there must be much more to him than just that. I think he would hang out with Max and play video games. Occasionally I would sit with those boys. We were all kind of friends. But it gets pretty boring when people just play video games. So, I wouldn’t stay as much. The breaks in Russian schools are much smaller, but there were ore of them. This way they could feed everyone in the cafeteria, and we had a break between each lesson. We were all sort of friends, but still not as much as I’d like now.

Саша – Sasha- was quite cheeky actually. He isn’t in this photo. He wasn’t there that day. He is in the other ones. He is in the second photo. In the navy-blue jumper, crouching and with a huge grin on his face. He played a lot. I don’t think he payed much attention in class. He was very sporty. He seems to be smiling in every photo I have of him. I’m glad to know he was happy. I feel sorry for boys sometimes- particularly teenage boys. Imagine having to stay in class with all that testosterone pumping and just wanting to be a more active person. Instead their stuck in class. Doesn’t seem fair, when they have a very instinctual drive to move a lot. Can’t blame them for not paying attention in class. Some of them have better things to do. I guess I wont spoil his story that happened later. Why is it the most memorable thing about him?

Then there is the other Максим- Maksim- the other Max. He is on the very right in the back. With the black vest. On the other one he is in the third photo on with the jumper slung over hi shoulder. He was also pretty crazy. I felt slightly annoyed by him. It’s alright, now I’m not angry at him. I forgive him. I couldn’t by myself, -not really- but Jesus gives me the strength that I need in order to forgive him. His Dad was also Buddhist. He was born in Thailand. He had a really croaky voice and I used to think I sung much better than him. I’d look down no him. I regret that now. If by any chance he can speak enough English and happens to stumble across this blog by someone in a gazillion chance, then I’d like to tell him I’m sorry. His voice is fine. Wasn’t his fault it doesn’t work as well now. He was shy about his voice in Music, very self-conscious. But my Music teacher encouraged him, saying his voice was just already deep. That when he’d grow up it would be strong and pleasant. She showed him a few videos of singers with deep, rumbling voices. Said he had a good voice. I guess he does.

Игорь- Igor- is the tall one holding the light green eraser in the third photo. Or the boy and the teacher’s right. Yeah, he’s tall. He was pretty cool. More active. I didn’t pay much attention to him. But one time while I was in Australia my mind borrowed him as a character who for some reason, I still knew sort of, and I asked him how it was going in Russia. The weird thing is that that is my most vivid memory of him. I guess he just neither.

That’s all the boys at this point. I’ll tell you about the rest of my classmates. I should be able to finish on the next one or two posts.  I’ll tell you about them again – maybe- at the end of year 4. Well, technically I left halfway through year 4. But I’m almost done. Describing a class full of kids takes longer than I thought it would.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog