I don’t remember how old I was
at this time, but I was pretty small. That’s why I won’t stay on this topic for
very long and move on to something else other than going to China when I was
like three to five or something.
We came to see the great wall
of China. Perhaps they should rename that – the long wall of China. It’s
very long. Dad had this backpack when I was little with this pocket in
it that I could sit in. I sat perched above Dad’s shoulders being very light
and young. It was great for long trips, particularly trekking The Long Wall of
China. Do you suppose they were jealous? Its crazy how little kids don’t realise
how great it is to sit in a trolley when shopping.
Chinese people would swarm
around me because I was this cute little foreign kid. Apparently, some Chinese
people have this weird superstition that if you get a photo of a really cute kid
and you put it under your pillow, your kid would also be cute. Which doesn’t really
make much sense, but all cultures have pretty far-fetched superstitions. We
would be randomly pulled over by smiling strangers who wanted to quickly snap a
photo with me and giggle and admire. Only my sister outdid my cuteness many
years later in China, but that is because she is a blondie. It is kind of
strange that she is blond, and some people have a hard time believing that she my
sister. I think she got her hair colour from Dad’s side because blond and red
hair often go hand-in-hand.
My hair is brown, but I was still
pretty cute. Especially when effortlessly sitting in Dad’s backpack high in the
air as we slowly climbed the wall.
Mum and Dad got me this “I love
you panda”, which is super cute. It is about the size of my palm and has a pink
t-shirt. When you squeeze it, it blushes, makes a kissing sound and says, “I
love you”. I still have it. Now the t-shirt -which was decorated with complexed
Chinese flowers- is worn and you can see the aqua and gold strings underneath
it. Her voice is more of a weary cackle and you probably couldn’t make
it out, but I know what it says. Her name is Rebecca. I think Rebecca was one
of my favourite names because when I was about 7-8 I wrote a story with Rebecca
as one of the main characters. Dad used to name my toys. It was like this huge
honour and I think he really enjoyed it too.
I don’t remember how old I was
at this time, but I was pretty small. That’s why I won’t stay on this topic for
very long and move on to something else other than going to China when I was
like three to five or something.
We came to see the great wall
of China. Perhaps they should rename that – the long wall of China. It’s
very long. Dad had this backpack when I was little with this pocket in
it that I could sit in. I sat perched above Dad’s shoulders being very light
and young. It was great for long trips, particularly trekking The Long Wall of
China. Do you suppose they were jealous? Its crazy how little kids don’t realise
how great it is to sit in a trolley when shopping.
Chinese people would swarm
around me because I was this cute little foreign kid. Apparently, some Chinese
people have this weird superstition that if you get a photo of a really cute kid
and you put it under your pillow, your kid would also be cute. Which doesn’t really
make much sense, but all cultures have pretty far-fetched superstitions. We
would be randomly pulled over by smiling strangers who wanted to quickly snap a
photo with me and giggle and admire. Only my sister outdid my cuteness many
years later in China, but that is because she is a blondie. It is kind of
strange that she is blond, and some people have a hard time believing that she my
sister. I think she got her hair colour from Dad’s side because blond and red
hair often go hand-in-hand.
My hair is brown, but I was still
pretty cute. Especially when effortlessly sitting in Dad’s backpack high in the
air as we slowly climbed the wall.
Mum and Dad got me this “I love
you panda”, which is super cute. It is about the size of my palm and has a pink
t-shirt. When you squeeze it, it blushes, makes a kissing sound and says, “I
love you”. I still have it. Now the t-shirt -which was decorated with complexed
Chinese flowers- is worn and you can see the aqua and gold strings underneath
it. Her voice is more of a weary cackle and you probably couldn’t make
it out, but I know what it says. Her name is Rebecca. I think Rebecca was one
of my favourite names because when I was about 7-8 I wrote a story with Rebecca
as one of the main characters. Dad used to name my toys. It was like this huge
honour and I think he really enjoyed it too.
Comments
Post a Comment